Off-Highway Vehicle

atvAlpine County has numerous trails and roads located on public lands open to Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) use.

Popular areas include the Monitor Pass region, with many miles of dirt and gravel roads, the Blue Lakes area, including the Forestdale Road, and the region south and west of Bear Valley and Lake Alpine. Motorized vehicles and bikes are not allowed in the County’s two Wilderness areas. For a current map of OHV routes, contact the U.S. Forest Service – Carson Ranger District (775) 882-2766 or check with the Alpine County Visitor Center if maps are available.

Find a Local Business